BT – Why change Plan & Book” to US $ One Co?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

MarcusUK
    Participant

I notice the link on BT “Plan & Book”, is now changed.

Instead of listing all the major UK Travel Companies for flights, it links to SeatPlans.com in the US, & quotes you in US $!
    Why have you done this?

It was a great link to the search engine, clearly identifying the Airlines & fares alongside the Travel Companies, in one easy sweep. Often the same Airline could be found for a better value fare.

The UK search engine has now gone, it appears to be US based, & we would need to buy i US $, which would on conversion cost more.

I certainly won’t use it to book, doubtful it would be covered by payment protections, or consumer regulations in the UK. Great pity…but not very good business decision either, as doutbful any commissions would be earned when people see its a none UK based Company, no longer a search engine, & they have to pay in US $!

Thanks for your post MarkRoberts9. We recently changed the flight booking engine on our website to integrate it with our sister, UK-based website seatplans.com. Both sites now use this booking system which is powered by Travelocity.

You are correct that the fares are quoted in $US – this reflects the fact that a large proportion of visitors to both businesstraveller.com and seatplans.com are either based in the US, or in a country where $US is widely used as a currency.

However we understand that the previous flight booking engine (powered by Global Travel Market) was useful for flight fare comparisons, so we are looking into re-instating this service alongside the new system, to offer as wide a choice for our readers as possible. This should be actioned shortly, and we will let you know once it is live.

As discussed, the two booking engines are now displayed on the same page at:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/plan-and-book/book-a-flight

MarcusUK
    Participant

Many Thanks for the responses, & action.

Clearly, paying in US $ for UK Purchases, is not decent value, due to the decline in the £ in all currencies. Fares are also priced for the local market in the UK, or travel from the UK.
    So far as i understand, Payment protections, insurances etc, are also not covered unless it is a UK registered Company.
    Booking on Travelocity.co.uk would cover, payment in US$’s on the link would not.

Thanks you for providing both options, though the days of being able to purchase, & depart from a different country are gone, with the value of the £ so dire it is no longer viable.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls