BT credibility

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• christ
    Participant

I used to love and look forward to getting the latest monthly hard copy of the magazine in the BA lounge and the reviews etc.

However, now i feel that Business Traveller is just a bit behind the times – compared with loyalty lobby or the points guys, it feels BT just copies these articles a few days later.

It is sad to see it has gone downhill and i assume as loss of revenue from hard copies in lounges / planes etc.

PatJordan
    Participant

I have subscribed to BT for many years, and always enjoy the tactile experience of thumbing through the magazine. I sorely missed the hard copy during the lockdowns, and really welcomed it’s recent return.

I haven’t read the content of the sites the OP refers to, but personally I feel that BT is every bit as good as ever, with some very topical advice on travelling during these (still) strange times. Thank you Tom and your great team for all your work.

Safe travels everyone,

Pat

Swissdiver
    Participant

My encounter with BT took place … in a BA lounge! After a few issues, I felt the frustration of not reading those I missed, so I subscribed. Because of postage costs though, I don’t receive the paper version, so still I love to see it in the lounge (before Covid)!

At this stage, I feel (call me a lunatic) I belong to some sort of community I love. Of course we disagree (too many Airbus fans here:-)). But we share experiences.

Thank you Tom and team!

And thank you all for your wisdom, humour, bad temper sometimes, that makes this forum and this community!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

When do you envisage going back to a monthly publication Tom?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hi Martyn,

We’re back now. The April issue is out (Dallas front cover) and we are just finishing the May issue this coming week, so fingers crossed.

We were always 10 issues a year but two years of Covid made that very difficult, and then we had omicron which caused more disruption, hence our normal December / January joint issue was followed by another joint issue (February / March). Fingers crossed we will now be back to the normal schedule.

It’s very challenging – paper prices alone are causing huge problems throughout the industry, but we keep going and are very grateful for everyone’s support.

_glbetrkkr_
    Participant

I’m inclined to agree. TPG tends to have the latest stories and address more facets about travel (points and reviews). However, there’s something about TPG’s writing that I find so pretentious (especially Nicky Kelvin – ugh). BUT, I won’t stop reading it. On the other hand, I log into BT every morning because they too offer insight that other publications/bloggers don’t pick up on. I’ll always be a BT reader.

7 users thanked author for this post.

sparkyflier
    Participant

I do not get to see all the sites, but of those I look at they each bring something to the table. I have been a subscriber of BT for many years, and while I am surprised on occasion they have not touched on a development, there is plenty they do cover in a very balanced, researched and un-bias way. A lot of context and nuance is given which is hugely important.

I have missed the monthly issues but we know why that is, and it is good to see this will be coming back. Indeed the latest issue landed at mine over the weekend and it was a very good one indeed. I really enjoyed the pages on sustainable travel, how Dalles is changing, and the article on Northern Thailand for example – especially in a world of some truly awful news, this was an uplifting piece. In addition to the news and Tried and Tested reports – neutral as always.

The website I look at frequently but the magazine I still look forward to – not just for the above but for the adverts as well which help provide inspiration and insight on future travel planning.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls