British Airways Rumoured to be Axing Historic London-Sydney 747 Route

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

I have no personal experience of Y+ b ut my daughters rate the CX product over BA’s, especially if they are able to get the front row, which has proper legrests. Perhaps others who have tried both could chip in with their views, both on this and Y, where I suspect theere is minimal difference in the seat. As to your point about location of the cabin – surely that only makes a difference if you are awake and in a window seat, annoyiing eveeryoine else by keeping the blind open and looking out of the window?

In any case, while ambience can make a difference, and I am sure the A380’s quietness is also a meaningful advantage, I don’t think these matter as much at the end of the day as the seat and service, and here for premium travellers CX win hands down. An A380 experience has so far eluded me too, but I would wager the cost of a ticket that most would rate a trip in a CX J seat on an A330 as being better ooverall than CW on an A380. Again, it would be great to hear from any posters who have tried botj in quick succession…

Macattack
    Participant

The ba route in question is via Singapore. CX does not fly non stop from sin. If one wishes to fly via hk then fine. CX in business will win hands down so long as the business product is the new version. the coffin shape on the 330 is ok so long as you are on the “K” side.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Macattack, there are no “coffins” on A330s, all long-haul versions of which have been retrofiitted with the new seats.

In fact, the retrofit is complete fleetwide so it is easy to tell what you will get on long haul flights. A330s and B777s are new seats, B747s and A340s (all of which are to be retired, hence no retrofit) are old seats.

Macattack
    Participant

V sorry. Am used to the planes from hk to AKL.. Glad they are to be retired. But, what to catch from Singapore to syd?

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls