British Airways offers unlocked reward flight access for premium frequent flyers

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Can anyone tell me why flights to Tel Aviv, Moscow, Beirut and Amman are excluded from this offer, I wrote to BA Executive Club and customer services and neither could tell me why?

I guess it is probably to do with the revenue that these flights generate but it would be nice to know for sure.

Thanks to anyone out there who can help.

AFlyingDutchman
    Participant

For Moscow, I would believe its due to the very high premium fares, and the rather poorly percieved competition (although Aereoflot has improved leaps and bounds and has a great hard product, their service is not always great). For Tel Aviv, Beirut, and Amman, I believe there is so much premium transfer traffic onto these flights, that there is no need to include them in any promotion. Likewise, the three national carriers have their own reputations on the market, whether rightly or wrongly, and there is a perceived sense of quality flying with BA in the premium classes over those other carriers.

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hi AFlyingDutchman that makes complete sense, I had not thought about that so much appreciated even though it is annoying.

I must say that ELAL’s hard product has improved greatly since the arrival of their Dreamliners.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls