British Airways Holiday Double Tier Points – Timing of Credit

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• penultimate
    Participant

I am looking at booking a flight and car rental with British Airways that will meet the eligibility rules for qualifying for double tier points. The beginning of the trip will be near the end of my year end for tier point collection. The end of the trip will be in a new collection year for me and the tier points earned will be after my account has been reset to 0.
    My question is when will BA consider that I have earned the double points on the first flight? I would very much want the credit for the extra tier points for that flight to be credited before my year end, when the flight takes place, and not after the year end, when the return flight takes place.
    This may matter a great deal to me because this may be the first, and likely only year, that I may earn 5000 tier points, thanks to other BA holiday trips I have taken this year, and qualify for GGL.
    I am concerned that the double tier points are after the trip is complete and not for each leg of the trip.
    Does anyone know exactly how it works.
    Thanks in advance for anyone who knows and answers my question.

frustratedflyer
    Participant

I have done a couple of holiday business trips this year. The Tier points have credited about 14 days after the outbound flight and the date of the transaction is shown as the outbound flight date so that is when your tier points count as having been received. Well that is what happened to me but it is BA!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls