British Airways: “Fuelled by love”

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• BEYbrit
    Participant

Love it.

My mom is an ‘older’ lady and she regularly travels alone to visit me here in the far eastern reaches of the Med. She often comes out of the customs area with the crew (last time, she turned up with the pilots, saying “this is the young lady who landed the plane!” as she introduced me to two of BA’s finest).

Mom always has a tale about some act of kindness that happened to her somewhere on her journey – crew, ground staff, even Lebanese immigration. Seems there are good people out there.

Well done BA India for this ad.

GenerationY
    Participant

Not commenting on the BA ads, but I think the EK ads are meant for US3 who are going against ME3. Hence the slogan “choice is wonderful”

I completely agree on your point FDOS_UK. Marketing world is way more wonderful than real world.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

GenerationY – 12/02/2016 10:20 GMT

Yes, you are right with regard to the EK ad. There is a strong political message underpinning it.

london85
    Participant

very nice advert but if only it was true !!!in realilty things are a bit different .
    they are using the business cabin of a747 on a 787 flying in the beautiful sky !!very confusing for customers .
    Indian flights are always chaotic with an out of control hand luggage policy
    indian flights especially Hyderabad are the worst flight and not popular within the crew community
    indians are very demanding and take great pleasure by being serve by european crew ,
    the indian crew working alongside the others are from different Cast so they not always bending over in front of indian pax like the ad
    they themselves have help in they’re home back in india
    maybe BA want to reassure the indian pax that they love india because the premium cabin are losing a lot of customers these days .

london85
    Participant

very nice advert but if only it was true !!!in realilty things are a bit different .
    they are using the business cabin of a747 on a 787 flying in the beautiful sky !!very confusing for customers .
    Indian flights are always chaotic with an out of control hand luggage policy
    indian flights especially Hyderabad are the worst flight and not popular within the crew community
    indians are very demanding and take great pleasure by being serve by european crew ,
    the indian crew working alongside the others are from different Cast so they not always bending over in front of indian pax like the ad
    they themselves have help in they’re home back in india
    maybe BA want to reassure the indian pax that they love india because the premium cabin are losing a lot of customers these days .

MarkivJ
    Participant

I’m Indian (although I grew up in Zambia so I identify myself as Zambian as well). Both countries were former British colonies but I’ve noticed they’re polar opposites in terms of perceiving the former ruler.

In Zambia, we did and continue to love the UK post independence. We still think of it as the motherland.

In India, a majority of people still see the UK as “the bad guys” (for example: Indians would always support any other country playing against England in a cricket match except Pakistan, etc.). I don’t want to call it open hate, but a certain indifference and skepticism. Infact, many of my friends are always surprised when I tell them I fly BA from SEA (where I live) to BLR, the question being why I didn’t choose EK or, even AF or LH!

So I totally see where BA is coming with this ad. The whole “loving India, serving India faithfully”, etc. etc.

The cabin crew I’ve had on flights to BLR have been outstanding (and note, I’m a good ol’ Y class traveller!) and extremely accommodating. Infact I’ll go as far as saying there’s a higher possibility of me having rude FAs on the LHR-SEA route than the LHR-BLR routes (although, most of the BA Indian crew are very rude and unhelpful).

That said, despite everything BA is doing to retain and maybe even grow their Indian base, it’ll still take many more generations for India-based consumers to be a bit more “accepting” of BA (or for that matter, anything “British”). On a non-airline note, it doesn’t help that there’s so much of Americanisation going on in India right now (for example, even though we officially follow British English, I’ve noticed a lot of restaurants on their menu use American spelling like flavor, or words like cilantro) that the British influence or any British “promotion” is takes a backseat or goes unnoticed.

And also london85 – “maybe BA want to reassure the indian pax that they love india because the premium cabin are losing a lot of customers these days” – VERY true! BA was the #1 international airline to India in the 90s but started losing out to LH before the MEB3 came along.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sorry, but what a load of sentimental tosh. It may be aimed at the Indian market but I’m sure even Indians wouldn’t believe something like that. Now as a film where the FA then meets the son, falls in love and lives happily ever after, yes. As a bit of PR, definitely no.

AisleSeatTraveller
    Participant

interested in the relative costs of love in comparison to the more usual and traditional sources of aviation fuel

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Schmaltzy, but as an advert, especially considering the target market, impressive.

SealinkBF
    Participant

I liked the advert but my first thought was ‘Oh, wow, just as well she could afford Club World…” – 🙂

But I do take the message that travelling is great.

That said, my favourite advert EVER is Turkish Airlines. It makes my eyes get wet.

And it’s actually very relevant in a way to BA (London) Airways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4qGfCc0qik

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Oh, that is brilliant :-))

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls