British Airways Customer Relations

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Theodorus
    Participant

in the first week of January I flew Club Europe (Business Class) from NUE-LGW.
    Web Check-in was not available and according to the ground staff in NUE was this not possible
    because it was a seasonal flight (only operating a few months in the winter time)
    There was no dedicated Business Class checkin and we were all standing in one line.
    Fast Track is available but not for BA passengers This was no issue as there was no line at security.
    There was also no lounge access for BA Club Europe passengers.

After my flight I wrote a letter to Customer Relations about all these issues and asked for a possible compensation maybe a few Avios, due to the lack of all the Business Class advantages

I was very surprised by the answer of the BA Customer Relations Department. They apologised for the shortcomings caused by localcontracts but my complaint was so minor that I am not entitled to any compensation
    Is this a normal procedure with British Airways ???( I have a Bronze Status at the moment)

openfly
    Participant

The lack of advertised BA Club Europe facilities happens at many European destinations, particularly in the summer months. It is really annoying particularly when you get a “take it or leave it” reply from BA. The Club Europe fares are stupidly high, so Avios compensation would cost BA a very small amount, but help restore confidence. But, of course, it has to be covered by a managers budget which would adversely affect their bonus!!

Edski777
    Participant

After so many complaints about the regional business class quality I wonder why anybody in his/her right mind would book this class of travel. Given the lack of services and facilities it could even be argued that the use of the term Business class (or Club, or whatever term used) is misleading marketing.

With all the information available I wonder if those that feel they are short changed by airlines don’t have only themself to blame.

The solution for the problem of these travellers seems simple: fly economy at the lowest possible price! It solves the problem of their frustrations.
    Airlines will be forced to choose: upgrade their product or skip it all together.

Theodorus
    Participant

Thanks for the info,I am not so familiar with Club Europe with British Airways because as a KL/AF Gold Member I fly KLM most of the time
    but for my flight from NUE-LGW BA was the best option.
    But I learned my lesson and will avoid Club Europe in the future.

capetonianm
    Participant

The solution for the problem of these travellers seems simple: fly economy at the lowest possible price! It solves the problem of their frustrations.
    Airlines will be forced to choose: upgrade their product or skip it all together.

As a Dutch friend says :
    “If you’re going to buy sh*t, you might as well buy the cheapest sh*t you can get.”

3 users thanked author for this post.

StephenLondon
    Participant

[postquote quote=986489][/postquote]

Perhaps you should send Carolina Martinoli (BA’s Director of Brand and Customer Experience) a note at Waterside HQ. I understand she is driving a programme to ensure issues like yours don’t occur in Europe and that, where possible, BA have a consistent offering. Suggest that, where BA cannot offer the perks of the full Club Europe offering (such as dedicated check-in, fast track, lounge access, etc.) she offers some form of compensation, rather than the rebuff you’ve had from Customer Relations.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Theodorus
    Participant

Thanks for the info, I ‘ll give it a try

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=986621]Perhaps you should send Carolina Martinoli (BA’s Director of Brand and Customer Experience) a note at Waterside HQ.[/quote]

That’s the only way you’ll get close to an answer you’re happy with.
    I’m afraid your first contact will always be a “bog” standard approach , more suitable to capetonianms Dutch friends saying and basically hoping you’ll go away
    These days , corporations just don’t like negative feedback, because invariably to fix it, it’ll mean spending money, and like other business BA see this as profit loss rather than investment in the future

Theodorus
    Participant

Maybe I am lucky the be a KLM/AF Goldmember, if I have an issue with them, they immediately send me a message by email and offer me
    miles or a travel voucher No discussion necessary.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls