British Airways B777-200ER (Config. 1) World Traveller Plus (premium economy)

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

stevenson864
    Participant

One of the best flights we have been on, PremiumEconomy definitely worth it. Loads of room, only 12 of us a cabin for 24. Food was from the Business Class menu.
    Only really minor point is that you have to use the toilets in Economy which was not that close. We were Not allowed to use the ones in Business Class, if had paid for Business Class I would not want other passengers trailing past to use the toilets.
    Well done BA

HonestCrew
    Participant

Sounds like this was a 777-300, one of BA’s newbies. Those interiors look smart, have proper power points, and great IFE.
    Had you been on one of the -200’s the review may not have been so glowing, although the toilets are much closer!

Good news, slowly but surely, the most elderly of BA’s 777’s are being refitted with the new style -300 interior.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The new Premium Economy looks great, and colleagues I have ventured back to speak to have told me it’s very comfy.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/new-world-traveller-plus/public/en_gb

thecartoonman
    Participant

Not one to question HonestCrew but when I travelled back from Tokyo Narita on the B777-300 the PE cabin had 40+ seats and not the 24 mentioned above, so maybe it was a good experience in the old PE.

As a traveller normally turning right when entering the aircraft and heading ever rearwards, my experience of the new BA PE was very good and my 12+ hour day flight from Tokyo passed very quickly.

The extra feeling of space is very noticeable over the normal WT seating and I was very impressed particularly as the upgrade from WT was only £149 from what had been a BA sale fare.

It would appear that many airlines are looking to strengthen their PE product with some very good recent additions. The new BA PE product when rolled out on all the targeted fleet, will be welcomed by many business and leisure travellers, who just cannot afford, or justify, the considerable extra cost of CW and there are a large number of us!

HonestCrew
    Participant

Ah yes, Cartoonman good spot! I forgot about the good ol’ 777-200 3 class. Here the WT+ cabin is mostly forward of the wing. So the toilets are further rearwards than the 4 class -200.

So yes ,looks like stevenson684 had the older seats.
    Glad to hear he/she enjoyed it!!

vagabond108
    Participant

Any idea how many of the B777-200’s have been fitted with the new WTP seats till date.. initially I was lucky to get them on LHR – BOM or LHR – DEL routes, but haven’t had any luck for a long time now… wondering by when would the B777-200’s and the not-to-be-retired-soon 747s be fitted with them… I don’t fancy paying extra for the old type seats, but would happily pay a bit extra if its the new seats..

SimonS1
    Participant

Indeed, looks nice but how ‘available’ is it?

bacrew1
    Participant

The following ex GMIS aircraft have been converted:
    VIIA, IIB, IIG, IIJ, IIK, IIL, IIM, ZZC

leaving the following still to be done:
    VIIC, IID, IIE, IIF, IIH, IIN, IIS, ZZA, ZZB

Hope that helps…

vagabond108
    Participant

Thanks BAcrew1!!

Do we have a timeline for the rest? Btw is this info published somewhere.. Did a brief search on BAsource, but couldn’t find anything on this.. Also guess the 747’s will be only after the 777’s.. Logistically one would have thought that it would have been easier to upgrade the WTP’s at the same time as all the First cabin upgrades are being done, but don’t think this logic has been applied….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls