British Airways B747-400 Mid J World Traveller (economy)

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

I joined BA10 to London from a Bangkok Airways connection and enjoyed a few hours of peace in the BA/Qantas First Lounge (functional but quiet), including a welcome shower, before heading to the gate.

I was booked in Economy as per the rules of the donor agency for whom I am working and had found out, a couple of weeks ago, that the ticket purchased was not upgradeable with Avios. So I was waiting with some trepidation although I had booked 29A which is the row behind the two block emergency exit seats and has clear blue water in front of it, giving full access without disturbing neighbours.

Priority boarding was painless and I was in my seat, settled and comfortable before the majority of passengers boarded. We pushed back on time and I was asleep before take off. Therefore, I missed dinner (intended) and managed to sleep, with a couple of brief interuptions, for close to 9.5 hours – absolutely wonderful and more than I have often managed to lie-flay/ fully-flat C seats. I woke up about 2 hours out of London and enjoyed a very satisfactory cooked breakfast before we landed about 15 minutes early into a sleety and dismal looking Heathrow.

A short taxi took us to T3 where I was soon off the plane and heading for T5. Overall, service was professional and seemed to be quick and efficient.

In T5, I was waiting to be called a ‘Twit’ but the security folk were too busy talking among themselves to bother with passengers!!

Headed to the BA First Lounge, hoping the snow in Glasgow would moderate……

VintageKrug
    Participant

Very impressive to be able to sleep for so long in a chair; I think not eating helps enormously.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls