Booking seats on Iberia in Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Neville
    Participant

I booked a return Hong-Doha-Madrid/Madrid-Doha-Hong Kong in Business Class on Qatar Airways. The Outbound leg Doha-Madrid is flown by Iberia but I cannot reserve the seats. QR say they can’t do it and Iberia have no office in Hong Kong. This is a code-share flight. Candidly, I find this ridiculous. It does nothing for QR and is positively adverse publicity for Iberia, do they care? Apparently not.

cybertravller
    Participant

I would have thought they would have provided you a specific PNR for Iberia so that you can select seats in their system?

CheerUp
    Participant

When I flew Iberia (part of BA ticket, not QR), I was given (as cybertraveller mentioned above) a seperate Vendor Locator for Iberia, which is could access via Iberia app and select seat.

Bit fiddly, but should be doable

1 user thanked author for this post.

ESKY777
    Participant

It is the same for BA flights operated by AA and vice versa but managing the booking is very easily done by using each airlines respective PNR to access the booking. If you call QR and ask them for the IB PNR for the same booking, you can then use that IB PNR to access your booking via the IB app or website and then easily choose seats and also check in.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls