Booking Seats on Club Europe

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• JonathanHallSmith
    Participant

I have a CE flight to Larnaca an BA in a couple of weeks. With the retirement of the 767 this is now an A320 and I thought I would have a look at the seating plan and maybe reserve a seat. I had a look online and there is only a selection of about 4 available. I cannot believe all those seats have had a paid reservation and there are none that jump out at me as being great seats so am not going to pay the extra. Am I best just to hold off and take my chance on the day?

TIA

openfly
    Participant

Most seats will have been booked by Golds and Silvers for free. Seats closest to the front get the best choice of hot meals plus an earlier drink as the trolley wends it’s way rearward through the CE cabin.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I would board last (unless you need overhead bin space) and if row 1 is empty when you board, would just ask, if you could sit there as it appears empty.

Now other row is worth paying for…

DGGW
    Participant

There was a long discussion about this a while back on TripAdvisor. The best seats are always blocked off for Gold and Silver fliers but if you wait until the 24-hour online check in opens any that have not been allocated are up for grabs. I can remember flying back from Edinburgh to LCY and the first six rows were all empty – it only took a polite request to get re-seated in row 1. Personally, I gave up paying BA for seat reservations years ago – you’re better off hitting the online check in the moment it opens to see what’s on offer.

BugAdvisor
    Participant

I don’t think these seats are blocked for those with status – well at least not up to Gold anyway! I think they just are just blocked by the system. If I look at a seating plan a week ahead of time, there are plenty of blocked rows. Then about three days before, those rows/seats open up and I can choose them.

JJ
    Participant

Coming back from Dublin to LHR we checked in the old fashioned way and I politely asked if there were better seats available as the ones we had pre selected were at the back of the cabin (we are Bronze). Was very happy when we were offered and given 1A and 1C. Great flight with good crew who even took our jackets to hang up. First off the plane and with no luggage to collect and Pod parking we were in our car 10 mins after door opening!

So always worth asking.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls