Booking Infants in BA First

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

ChrisSP
    Participant

I write to see if you can help me in some way.

My wife and I are flying in BA First on BA5 in July with our twin babies who will be 18 months old at the time (Yes I know many of you would be saying good grief) I have redeemed AAdvantage points for the adult travel and paid the taxes and fees etc. direct to AA.

The crux of my problem is that BA have now on several occasions changed what they charge for my babies in F. They will be on our laps rather than their own seats. AA made the reservation for the babies, but as I told them that I had a £750 approx voucher with BA, AA said that I should pay BA for the babies and use the voucher. I then did this.

I was told that the per baby fare would be £384. That quote seemed quite reasonable and it would include an economy ticket from NRT/LHR, which I did not request nor really want. BA would take my voucher to pay for the 2 baby fares and I would need to pay another £20 as the shortfall. That all seemed fine.

Then I was informed that they had used the voucher for only one baby a significant loss to me. I was then told that the voucher could no longer be used and the new per baby fare would be £787 approx an almost 50% increase and there would be no return economy ticket (which I did not want anyway).

I then on 15 May receive an email from BA still asking for the £787 per baby and still with the NRT/LHR economy ticket! Finally I mentioned to BA what about the £20 shortfall, will that be refunded or put toward the fare. No it will be refunded once I pay the for the £787 tickets.

This is not a good advertisement for BA First Class. How can BA be so good in the air but so unreliable on the ground?

All I want to do at the end of the day and pay the original lower quoted fare.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Would strongly recommend you remove your record locator ASAP and be less specific about your flight date.

Anyone who sees that info now has access to your booking and some personal details.

ChrisSP
    Participant

Thank you so much for that. Silly me.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Try calling YouFirst as it seems a very specific circumstance, complicated by the facts:

– Redemption Booking
    – Ticket “bought” from AA not BA
    – Voucher used (poss. non-refundable)
    – Confusion over twins vs. single infant
    – Change in cost for infants since booking

I don’t understand why there is a need for an economy booking LHR-NRT; that smells fishy to me.

ChrisSP
    Participant

Dear Vintage Krug

Thanks for the advice re You First. A very fine professional person from You First is remedying the situation.

Happy travels

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls