booking in CW with avios

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

smartloobylou
    Participant

If i book return flights for next year with Avios plus cash in business class, can i make any change to the booking? they have not released return dates yet so i was thinking of booking the outbound and earlier return flights then changing the return flights when the dates are released. Any experience?

Ricardo
    Participant

The problem you may experience is that when you go to change your ‘return’ date you will need to cancel the whole booking and then re-book with the new dates. You then risk losing your outward journey date if some one sneaks in while you’re changing the booking. How likely this is depends on where you’re flying (how popular it is). I am going to Cambodia next Feb and had to book Avios flights via Hong Kong as it was impossible to get flights to Bangkok – by the time the return flights became available all outward flights (Avios) had gone. If it helps you, note that you can also use Avios to book ‘partner’ flights. For example we are flying Dragon Air from Hong Kong to Phnom Penh and back to Hong Kong. We used Avios to ‘pay’ for those flights too.

I apologise if this seems a bit waffly(is that a word?) but I hope you get my drift!

Ciao, R.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls