Booking BA long haul exit row seats

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

BA744fan
    Participant

I’ve just booked LHR-HKG flight in World Traveller and when I tried to choose a seat I noticed that all the xit row seats have been blocked out. Further investigation found that BA release these a fortnight before the flight.

I’m 6′ 2″ so very keen to get the extra leg room. I’m sure everyone will want these seats so I want to make sure I’m at the front of the queue.

Does anyone know if the fortnight before the flight starts at midnight on the day or exactly a fortnight before the departure time?

I would be grateful for any inside knowledge.

edwardbm
    Participant

From past experiences, it is a fortnight to the departure time (similar to Online Check-In 24hrs before)

Also, the seats may remain blanked out if they have been selected by BA executive Gold or Silver members.

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

@edwardbm – I am Silver member and it makes no difference, The choice seats are always blocked off till nearer departure. I take it Gold can book them?? The irony is you don’t get to be gold by flying economy!!!

canucklad
    Participant

Not sure about BA…is the industry rule not to allocate unless the airline are confident that you are physically capable of assisting in case of an emergency.

Emirates were blocked offbut at check-in i requested and was allocated them no bother!

craigwatson
    Participant

just about every airline now sells them off at a premium, depends on the airline as to when they open them up for sale, some its as soon as you purchase your ticket right up to 24hrs before departure, they make you tick the box that says you have read the requirements and there is no refund if at the airport you are deemed unfit for the seat due to regulators rules.

GoonerLondon
    Participant

Yes they are available for Gold Card Holders….

767prisoner
    Participant

I’m Exec Platinum on AA and booked coach exit row seats on BA codeshares thru American seven months in advance. That’s on BA 747/777s from MIA-LHR and LHR-SIN return.

paulkaz
    Participant

Craig’s spot on SQ charge us$ 50 per sector using the manage my booking section of their web site. QF A$100 i think.Avoid the window seat as the escape shute compartment on the inside of the door eats into the leg room.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls