BMI Gold matched?

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

graemelsmith
    Participant

Just wondered if I joined another Star Alliance carriers frequent flyer scheme if they will match my BMI gold card? Does anyone know?Obviously BMI won’t say now they are part of IAG and I already have a BA account but will still use Star Alliance flights no doubt>

theavidtraveller
    Participant

People have reported successful matches with TK, A3 and NZ.

TrolleyDolley
    Participant

If anyone is interested:

“We are pleased to invite you to participate in our Status Match Campaign, offering you the equivalent Tier level in Aegean’s Miles&Bonus Programmme!

Don’t start building up your Tier from scratch. Become a Miles&Bonus member, match your Diamond Club status and continue enjoying your benefits within the entire Star Alliance network.

We look forward to seeing you onboard.

What you need to do:
    To be considered for a Status match, all you need to do is to join Miles&Bonus and send us an e-mail to <a href="mailto:mailto:[email protected]“>mailto:[email protected]“&<a href="mailto:gt;[email protected]“>gt;[email protected] including the following:
    • your Miles&Bonus Member ID
    • your Diamond Club membership number, and
    • a copy of your Diamond Club card.”

VintageKrug
    Participant

Has anyone received their matched Gold yet?

slotski
    Participant

Yep I got my match after about 2 weeks and recieved my card a week later. I flew to LHR to JFK outbound with AA return with BA. I used the First class lounges and was upgraded to Biz outbound. Very happy

TrolleyDolley
    Participant

I received my Aegean gold match within 48 hours (card awaited) and received my BA gold card after 2 months – the tiermatch itself took about 3 weeks

PatJordan
    Participant

I submitted my email request to Aegean, and heard nothing……….

until today when I received my Gold card!

It took a while, but well done Aegean. What a pity Lufthansa, whose coffers were swelled by the sale of BMI to IAG didn’t spare a thought for those of us in the Diamond Club ( whose custom contributed to the eventual sale price).

Safe travels all,

Pat

TominScotland
    Participant

I joined Miles& Bonus at 09.00 this morning, e-mailed Aegean with my membership number and bmi details and received the following at about 15.00 this afternoon:

Dear TominScotland
    We thank you for your trust and preference in Aegean Airlines.
    Further to your request we are glad to inform you that you have been upgraded to a Miles&Bonus Gold Member, matching Gold status in Star Alliance. You may expect your card to be delivered at your postal address, approximately two months after the date of your membership upgrade. May we kindly inform you that until then, for your future flights, you may print the log in page of your profile which clearly shows your Gold Status.
    TominScotland, we thank you for contacting us and we are more than happy to assist you in any other detail you may need.
    Best regards,
    eCommerce&Loyalty

That is what I call service!! Now, I will happily look at Star Alliance options for my travel once again.

TrolleyDolley
    Participant

Brilliant service, isn’t it! – I’ve used it avidly already and they have been nothing but helpful. I also agree that Lufthansa should hang their heads in shame………..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls