bmi Domestic Lounge Heathrow T1: The London Room

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

CharlieBrown
    Participant

bmi have now unveiled their new domestic lounge at Heathrow T1 christened ‘The London Room’. From the limited preview provided aesthetically it’s a vast improvement on what it replaced. However I’m unsure whether the food/beverage offering has been upgraded, which I remember was rather limited when last using the facility.

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/the-experience/lounges.aspx

VintageKrug
    Participant

What’s Robert Kilroy-Silk doing in there?

CharlieBrown
    Participant

Interesting point VintageKrug and quite frankly that bmi attendant was just flirting. That infamous catchphrase of his comes to mind of ‘Have I Got News For You’ fame. Looks like he’s trying to decide “whether to share or to SHAFT!” that complimentary wine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGU5A0nPHsI

We’ve just published some more details on this at:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/bmi-relaunches-domestic-lounge-at-heathrow

VintageKrug
    Participant

It looks like a lovely lounge, but such a shame they didn’t take the opportunity to improve the catering; it’s like cobbling together the contents of one of those refugee bags handed out on School Trips to make something passable before you expire from hunger.

I suppose one can traipse back to the Star Alliance lounge in T1, where food is passable, but it cannot be asking too much of bmi to cobble together a decent salad bar for those who have not had time to eat?

Are they trying to send all their best customers to an early death with all these sweet cakes etc…?

ScottWilson
    Participant

I’ll give a go once, but if the food isn’t up to scratch compared to the Star Alliance Lounge (which at least has a range of cereals, bacon and sausage filled mini rolls and toast), i’ll keep avoiding it.

Still I am grateful for small mercies, given I spent the last week enduring the absence of anything edible in US domestic airline lounges at various airports. However, I have wondered if the reason the Star Alliance lounge food is ok at certain times is because the likes of NZ and OZ demand it? (UA etc wouldn’t).

VintageKrug
    Participant

It looks a lot better than the old lounge, which resembled the orginal GMTV set circa 1982.

FlightDoctor
    Participant

I used it for the first time yesterday – a big improvement on the old lounge although the food and drink offerings seemed unchanged. Heard some complaints about the lighting levels, especially around the reception but all in all a much nicer place to wait for a domestic flight.

FlightDoctor
    Participant

I used it for the first time yesterday – a big improvement on the old lounge although the food and drink offerings seemed unchanged. Heard some complaints about the lighting levels, especially around the reception but all in all a much nicer place to wait for a domestic flight.

bonnarto
    Participant

Also been there this week…fitout great….food rubbish which make no sense as BMI must know the Star Alliance Lounge gets much better press over its catering. Ridiculous not to exceed expectations overall

Travellator
    Participant

The lounge has simply had a long overdue redecoration – no major changes to the distinctly inadequate seating and no change to the food which has been aptly described as rubbish above.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls