BMI business class

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

tarisingh
    Participant

anyone opinions on the business class product on BMI(A320) to Marrakech? Want to take my partner for a special birthday – is it worth the money?

Also any suggestions on Hotels?

Hi tarisingh – here are a couple of links that you may find useful on the subjects above:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/bmi-confirms-short-haul-seat-revamp

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/marrakech-hotels-roundup

KeaneJohn
    Participant

Do you have any BMI miles as I got an email from Diamond Club yesterday with some great reduced mileage awards. I will start another shortly but in the meantime

Flights between the following routes:

London Heathrow and Moscow, Tbilisi, Casablanca, Agadir, Berlin, Marrakech, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Bergen, Stavanger, Basel, Hanover, Manchester, Nice, Vienna

4,000 Economy Class

6,000 Business Class

tarisingh
    Participant

thank you both – great help.

PatJordan
    Participant

tarisingh,

the BMI international lounge in Heathrow T1 is excellent. It is the former BA Terraces, but refurbished with superb views of the runway. Food and drink good too.

If you have Star Alliance Gold, you can use their lounge in T1. It has a bigger range of food and is a lovely lounge to use too.

If you are a Diamond Club member, the rewards for business class are very generous.

Pat

alexlondon
    Participant

I have not flown BMI business to Marrakech, but (when I last looked) it was a significant fare and, I thought, unlikely to offer good value. The BA service from LGW is, I find, good value although the Club Europe product is not as good as from LHR (eg. although a long CE route, there are no appertisers). Royal Air Maroc provides by far the best business class, but involves a stop and/or change in Casablanca which can lead to problems.

As for hotels, I know Marrakech well (I have a small house there). If it is your first time there, and you are limited to time, so can only visit one place, I would suggest you do not stay in a Riad in the Medina (however wonderful, you cannot guarantee a good nights sleep, no matter what you spend). However, you will want to be close to town to walk in and experience the restaurants etc.. I would recommend the Royal Mansour if you like privacy (since you will rarely see other guests) or the Four Seasons – which is particularly well priced since it is new. La Mamounia is great to visit for a long, lazy lunch by the pool, but over priced (and not remotely worth staying in unless you have a garden or pool view room).

Have a great time!

tarisingh
    Participant

thanks alexlondon – most helpful, am hoping to make this a special trip so all of the above gratefully received!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls