Blockchain: The Next Evolution in Airline Loyalty Programs

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• JKL
    Participant

[quote quote=814247]To be honest, I’m not even sure what a “Blockchain” is?
    [/quote]

Essentially it’s a massively-distributed database that is much more secure and trustworthy than traditional centralised systems. Likely to be the future, also likely to be unpopular with those who prefer data to be owned, centrally controlled, and hidden 😉

The Wikipedia entry is long but worth a read: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockchain

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Many thanks JH. That was very helpful and much more understandable.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Thank goodness for BT Forum and LP’s post…

Just spent a wonderful evening in Frankfurt with a transformational change team, who were preparing a presentation about Blockchain. Thanks to LP’s thread, I was able to join in the discussion, from a novice’s perspective.

It is very closely linked to Bitcoin and is a platform for all digital currencies. The designer of Bitcoin is the designer of Blockchain and the only part I really understood is the platform is looking to be a market for anything which has a value in digital format, hence the interest in airmiles.

Better than wiki, there are loads of youtube video’s. I was sent the following two links which should give a more technical and practical aspect of Blockchain

http://blockchain-documentary.com/d/

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I just received an email from the Swedish Swiss Chamber of Commerce about a seminar hosted by Ernst and Young in Zurich on October 4th should anyone be interested.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls