Bin Laden Dead: Security Likely to be Tightened

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

I would imagine this news, which can only be welcomed, will entail an increased threat level for those travelling in the coming weeks.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I guess we should be prepared for the inevitable backlash that will no doubt follow this news.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Thankfully there doesn’t seem to have been much of a backlash; his organisation isn’t the force it once was.

RichHI1
    Participant

Whilst I do not wish to tempt fate, my personal view is that relative safety from attCk we have enjoyed is in major part down to the excellent dedicated people who work in the security forces of many countries trying to stay one jump ahead. We are often quick to leap on press reports of expense or over reaction but in a job where success means nothing happens, I do not think we thank these people enough.

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s a good point; I don’t think the cowards are any less active, it’s just that the intelligence and operations against them have been extremely effective in recent years.

Inevitably one or two will slip through the net, but we shouldn’t forget the many sacrifices made daily, and often unsung, to ensure that our business and personal travel is as safe as possible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls