Big Cathay stock rise out performs Singapore Airlines

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Inquisitive
    Participant

Cwoodward, the statement Singapore government holds 75% of direct SQ share is incorrect.
    Temasek holding of about 22% included in a total investment of about 54% by Govt investment arm; the rest is held by Napier holding. It is clearly stated in the AGM document.

I believe recently Temasek sold 1.85% share of SQ, that shows that govt investment arm consider like it like any other business and able to take profit from it when desirable.

cwoodward
    Participant

Guess who is the final beneficial owner of ‘Napier holding’ Inquisitive. Its no other than Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited. This according to Singapore market records but perhaps they are incorrect…..

Inquisitive
    Participant

Cwoodward you are not reading my post attentively. I said a total of about 54% is controlled by Govt, 22% of that is Temasek, rest is Napier. I want to highlight that 75% figure quoted by you is incorrect.

AndrewinHK
    Participant

Cwoodward many of the points you are making are moot. You posted an article which compared both carriers, then when others add further context to continue the discussion you get agitated if such comparisons don’t further your advertisements for CX. I think others above have made valid points, as did you in your original post, I don’t think there is a need to be so defensive and some what condescending on your part . Inquisitive is correct regarding Temasek recently selling down its stake, given that most state controlled business are horribly inefficient, SQ is a well run business, so I think the argument you keep focusing on regarding ownership is not relevant to the financial performance of the carrier. With your rationale, CX as a private business, should be doing even better than it actually is.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls