Beware BA if things go wrong

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• AnthonyDunn
    Participant

MCOL”?

FDOS
    Participant

Money Claim Online aka the Small Claims Division of the County Court.

1 user thanked author for this post.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

FDOS, is there anyway I can keep tabs easily on delays/cancellations on the BA11/12 over the coming weeks?

FDOS
    Participant

CathayLoyalist2

Perhaps try flightradar24 – a free subscription gives about 7 days history, so you could look at it every week.

1 user thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

“Perhaps try flightradar24 – a free subscription gives about 7 days history, so you could look at it every week.”

Absolute 100% thumbs up for this. In fact, I pay for the premium version.

Chris Pocock
    Participant

Since my original post had attracted so many readers and comments, maybe you would be interested in the full text of my complaint to BA:

I spent over seven hours in CDG airport over two days, thanks to you. Four hours last Tuesday evening when you cancelled BA329, the last CDG-LHR flight of the day, and two hours the following evening when BA323 was delayed by more than two hours. I understand that there were ATC problems, although you did not make this clear.

Anyway, the measure of good customer service is how a service organization responds to adverse situations. You failed miserably. Specifically, your station manager at CDG was absent throughout this entire period, as far as I am aware.

On Tuesday evening, many passengers like myself travelled to the airport because they had not seen your text or email messages about the cancellation, which was sent only three hours before scheduled departure time. Upon arrival, we were handed a printed message by your ground handling agent, giving a contact number for help in the UK – not locally. It also described how you would compensate us for the expense of an overnight stay, as you are obliged to do.

“Need a place to sleep?” the printed message asked. There were almost none, because of some flight cancellations by other airlines, and the ongoing Paris Air Show. All the airport hotels were full, as were most in the Paris area. The result was that a significant proportion of your passengers spent an uncomfortable and probably sleepless night in the terminal.

Luckily, I was able to secure the last remaining room at a motel about 20 minutes north of CDG by taxi. It cost considerably more than usual, because of the supply and demand situation. I expect you to fully refund this cost, plus the taxi fares, and the many telephone calls that I made to check on hotel availability, and inform my family back home of the situation.

Incidentally, some other passengers said they had spotted a few available hotel rooms online, but did not book them because they were very expensive and they feared that you would not reimburse them. We were all left to fend for ourselves, with no assistance from anyone working for, or contracted by, British Airways.

And to so to Wednesday, when the delay was not communicated until check-in. First it would be one hour, then two. There was a gate change. When the aircraft did arrive, it was parked remotely, even though the allocated stand B22 was vacant.

Shortly after it arrived, the ground handling staff called for passengers to line up ready for boarding. Bizarre! The inbound passengers were still deplaning. It was obvious to me that it would be at least 30 minutes before boarding would be possible. Unlike most of them, I stayed seated.

When we did eventually depart, the flight was uneventful. But on arrival at LHR, we were also parked at a remote stand. My total elapsed time from terminal entry at CDG to exit at LHR was five hours. I should have taken Eurostar.

Incidentally, on departure from LHR on 17 June (BA304), the aircraft was parked at gate C61, which requires the furthest walk from the main Terminal 5. Why can’t you allocate A or B-gates to your short-haul flights?

I understand that the name of your station manager at CDG is [NAME WITHHELD]. You need to discuss her future employment with her. One of the ground handling agent staff told me that “she is never here when we have problems.”

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

…And Doyle continues to be MIA – is he actually still employed by BA?

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

How can we get a repossession from BA?

We submitted a claim for cancellation, hotels and onward transport for a flight cancelled 2 months ago
    We had an acknowledgment and followed up on line with no responses to date

Any help appreciated

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls