Best Star Alliance reward miles

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

I have recently moved to Hong Kong from UK and my wife will return to UK up to 4 times a year in business. Which star alliance member would you recommend joining for reward miles? (Already is a one world member) It’s very unlikely enough points could be earned in any tier program due to the variety of carriers that will be used. But who is thought to be best for miles collection on the basic entry level. Thank you all

OddvarJohansen
    Participant

Thai International. Absolutely. No other Star Alliance can beat THAI, since you live in Asia.

IoannisChantakis
    Participant

You can join in miles & bonus frequent traveller program of Aegean airline. Is more easy to become a star alliance gold member! You need only 20000 tier miles

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I guess you’ll have as many answers as there are airlines in the Alliance!!!

Personally I’d go with Miles and More, After 2, maybe 3, trips she’ll be silver, which then will give 25% more base miles. From FRA she can fly to London as well as most regional airports.

Of course if flying round the region then indeed give Thai and perhaps SQ a thought.

Air New Zealand also fly’s direct HK to LHR, so also worth considering if London is where she needs to be.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls