Best hotel in Addis Ababa and Nairobi

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• ghostwrita
    Participant

Sheraton and Sankara are about right. I’m in Addis four times a year and double that for Nairobi. Though I usually choose between Sankara and the Fairmont Norfolk.

The hotels in the city centre of Nairobi (Serena, Intercon, Hilton etc) I find a bit dated.

dutchyankee
    Participant

For me, the Sheraton Addis is a completely over the top palace of a hortel that has no representative feel to the city in which you are staying. It does have a commanding position on it’s ‘hill’ but for a country with such a historic poverty, the first time I visited the Sheraton, I felt disgusted and embarassed. The Hilton is a much older property but has been renovated and the team is far superior to that of the Sheraton. They have a pride in their jobs that is infectious, and the hotel’s location is far better.

In Nairobi, I would always suggest the Norfolk from its historic past and its continued very pleasant ambiance. A bit outside of the city center, but that is a good thing in my opinion, especially these days for Nairobi. The intercon and the Hilton are not in great locations from a safety perspective.

blacklion
    Participant

Any Business traveler who needs company for night life in Addis can contact me. I have excellent fresh girls. Please contact by blacklion77(at)gmail.com

MrMichael
    Participant

Seen some rubbish advertised on this forum…….but for goodness sake this takes the biscuit.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

And a good cup of tea and biscuits are likely better company, and a lot safer than he’s proposing Mr Michael!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls