Beijing Capital Airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

critical
    Participant

I am wondering about this airport. I cannot seem to find a map of it ANYWHERE on the internet. Anyone ever been there? What did you think of it? Biggest terminal in the world, evidently.

I’m currently working on a project, collecting data on all the major airport terminals worldwide. Anyone’s help mapping out Beijing airport would be appreciated…I’m sure there’s a map w/ gates IN the airport, but I am trying to figure out how many gates it has without actually going there…

Perhaps someone could post a picture or a link to a picture of this fabled map that MUST exist somewhere on that planet. It’s gotta have gate locations.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

critical
    Participant

Ah, thank you for the helpful link.

So, here’s what I’ve gathered so far:

TERMINAL 1: “Featuring 16 gates, it was the operational base…”

TERMINAL 2:

TERMINAL 3: “Terminal 3, a complex of three buildings designed with the help of a feng shui master…”

“The terminal alone has 66 aerobridges and 120 gates including eight gates at the satellite building.”

“It features a main passenger terminal (Terminal 3C), two satellite concourses (Terminal 3D and Terminal 3E) and five floors above ground and two underground, with the letters “A and B” omitted to avoid confusions with the existing Terminals 1 and 2. Terminal 3C is dedicated for domestic flights, Terminal 3E for international flights, and Terminal 3D will be used by international flights.”

“…bring the total of gates to 120 for the terminal alone. “

So,

Terminal 1 = 16 gates(???)

Terminal 2 = ??? gates

Terminal 3 = 120 gates

Keep in mind I am attempting to map out this airport…So gate information alone helps, but ideally I need Concourse AND gate information. Basically just the exact label for every gate IE “Gate A6, A7, A10, A11” and so on.

Also, I guess Dubai International is actually the largest terminal in the world. And apparently PEK T3 was designed by a Feng Shui Master.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls