BD takeover will not be reviewed by OFT

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

More here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17258825

So it’s now down the European commission.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Which means it will go through. Besides Virgins argument is weakened by the fact it doesn’t even fly to Scotland!

Bucksnet
    Participant

And there is no monopoly on London-Scotland flights. The Market is not LHR-XXX but LON-XXX, plus trains.

If Lufthansa want to sell to IAG then they will get their way.

canucklad
    Participant

Though I agree that there is no monopoly on the LON-SCO routes, surely the removal of BD flights from its network into LHR turns most non One world carriers almost into point to point carriers. The wau the aviation industyry is shaping iup it won’t be too long before the alliances carve up a market share dominance istrangling competition with the old state legacuy carriers stifiling competition. I.e. LH / Star at FRA and MUN, KL and AF / Skyteam at AMS /CDG. This is now going to be the case at LHR and remember it also allowa IAG to streamline /rationilize its business on certain routes using MAD. Consider how much more difficult it will be for me to connect onto an AC/ SQ or TAM flight through LHR from EDI ! This is where the authorities need to look. It also threatens Thse carriers existence at LJR. There is a fine line between profitable routes and this could come down to losing those 20+ pax koiniong from the feeder traffic. There is no way BA will make it easy for me to fly EDI to YVR using my preffered choice AC. Thus forcing me to use LH as a feeder to FRA. More bad news for LHR!

canucklad
    Participant

Apologies for spelling errors etc in last post – Blackberry + dislocated fingers = jibberish ‘

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls