BA’s Tiniest Liveried Aircraft?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

There are some pretty small planes in the BA livery, especially those few still operating the Highlands & Islands services.

However, the title of baby of the liveried fleet belongs to a brand new Tecnam 2006, operated by the Airways Flying Club at Booker.

This plane was rolled out for the Aero Expo Exhibition in late June, and must be one of the smallest aircraft to currently sport the livery:

http://www.abpic.co.uk/images/images/1246372F.jpg

The reg is meant to look like 2006, but I don’t think that works at all well.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I think you will find that the single engined PA28 is smaller than the Tencam and there are examples of these sporting BA livery.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Well they were PA28s in the livery in 2002, ‘cos I flew one of them.

Very nicely kept it was, too.

TominScotland
    Participant

I may be wrong but I don’t think there are any aircraft in BA livery operating Highlands and Islands services anymore – all Loganair flights are now Flybe. The smallest such aircraft (operating under both BA and Flybe) I remember is the Britten-Norman Islander, which seats 9 passengers, and is used for such great runs as the one to Barra, landing on the beach.

openfly
    Participant

All the single engine trainers at White Waltham are in BA colours.

trident3
    Participant

The aircraft are based at Booker, near Marlow, not White Waltham !
    (rivalry, mostly friendly, between the two ‘fields)

d1rector
    Participant

I fell across this string browsing my weekly newsletter. I now see why Twitter et al have such a following.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls