BA’s “Reservation Assurance” for Silver/Gold Card Holders

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

THought I’d start a new topic for Vistaro as there was a question about his senility (or otherwise!).

I can assure Vistaro they they are not going senile; “Reservation Assurance” does indeed exist for Gold Card holders booking up to 24 hours before flying, but it is rather toothless in that it is not a guarantee to bump other passengers in preference to status passengers.

It only applies to fully flex economy bookings, so you won’t (necessarily) get your preferred cabin.

Though it isn’t a guarantee, and certainly wouldn’t get you on a flight to Cairo right now for instance the two times I have used it (on shorthaul European flights) it has worked for me without a hitch.

Here is the policy:

Benefit from Reservation Assurance

Reservation Assurance provides an economy seat on your chosen British Airways flight, even when the flight is full.

To benefit you will need to:

book a full fare economy ticket more than 24 hours before the flight
    check in at least one hour before departure
    Note: Reservation Assurance cannot be guaranteed, as circumstances beyond our control may mean we are unable to offer this service. Your full fare economy ticket needs to be booked in the following classes: Y, B, H and C (on UK Domestic routes). Unfortunately we are unable to extend this service to your travelling companions, or ensure you are allocated a particular seat.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/ecbenftsilver/public/en_gb

Vistaro
    Participant

Good to know I still have my sanity and my reservation assurance! Appreciate it’s economy but given it’s only a 4 hour flight company policy dictates economy

Thanks for the link, I couldn’t see it on the Gold page and didn’t look at the one for Silver, Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls