BA’s 767 refit began

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

Potakas
    Participant

From http://www.thebasource.com,

Boeing 767-336ER G-BNWM positioned London Heathrow -Cardiff – Wales as BA9170. This aircraft is expected to be the first to undergo the Boeing 767 cabin refit which will see:

All fixtures and fittings removed including galleys, wall panels, lockers, toilets and IFE system. The aircraft will then Undergo deep cleansing before being refitted into a new Configuration with Next Generation Club World, a larger 30 seat World Traveller Plus Cabin with 777-300 style seats, new 777-300 style World Traveller seats and new Thales
    IFE throughout. New wall panelling, window shades, carpets and curtains will also be fitted. However winglets will not be fitted.

Although I had read that this was going to begin by August 2011 and that the refit would have :

”On Longhaul aircraft all seats are to be fully refurbished with new foams and covers that will reflect the interior design that has been created for the B787.

On Shorthaul aircraft the Club Europe seats will be refurbished and the Euro Traveller seats will be replaced with a new seat. The inflight entertainment screens will be replaced with new larger 15” flat screens and the IFE control system will also be replaced. ”

Does anyone knows which one is true?

Regards

767prisoner
    Participant

Is there any news on the long haul 767 refit? Has it started, when will it finish? What will it include? My last two trips from gcm to lhr resulted in the tray table coming away in my hands both times. If I was a allowed a screwdriver through security I would happily spend the flight fixing the cabin!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls