BA’s 24 days of Christmas

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

TheMidasGold
    Participant

From the BA website:

‘Visit ba.com each day, between 1st and 24th December, and a different offer will be unveiled’

Offer for 1 December: 2 business tickets for £2012
    Offer for 2 December: 2 business tickets for £2012
    Offer for 3 December: 2 business tickets for £2012

Great offer, but what happened to the different offer each day?

VintageKrug
    Participant

I think the offer of Club World return flights for £1,006 each is the offer for the first four days, after that there may well be others.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/christmas-holiday-deals/public/en_gb

….quite a clever use of the 24 Days of Christmas to draw a suitable counterpoint to the previous “12 Days of Christmas” associated with BA in its darker days.

TheMidasGold
    Participant

Come on VK – tell us what the other offers are going to be. You are, after all, the source of all great BA news.

RichHI1
    Participant

Pardon my ignorance. I am aware of the traditional 12 days of Christmas which has long been a UK tradition and runs to Jan 6th not Dec 24. I have never heard of the 24 days of Christmas. Where does it come from? Is this not a BA term? I know many stores in LHR put Christmas decorations up in October nowadays, will we soon see the 90 days of Christmas

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Rich

I think that a certain poster, who must not be named (much like a famous wizard of the dark side), means that it is impressive that BA managers realise that 24 is double 12 and also represents the number of selling days between 1 December and Christmas Eve, when they all jump into J and F seats and head off to the West Indies or Dubai.

RichHI1
    Participant

As I thought. Hogwaterside…

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Yep, let’s keep these folks away from the Coke guys, or goodness knows what they might do to Xmas 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls