Barely trained staff to man UK border

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

RichHI1
    Participant

I am sorry Mr Blair but spin is no longer your prerogative. Mrs May must be the most incompetent minister since Profumo. One wonders if someone has personalmrelationship with her. This incompetent dolt should be fired. Where is the reshuffle ? You were caned at the electiins and if you ignore the will of the people you will be back on the opposition benches for another 10 Years. Wake up Cameron and sack this useless Minister. UK needs a home secretary who is at least competent. She cannot even understand a diary for goodness sake. I am sick of her blaming her staff, she is useless. Have some strength and act in national interest rather tha party or possibly personal.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Despite being a firm supporter of this Goverment, I have to agree Rich. I know it’s been said elsewhere but May and a few other ministers should go and go quickly.

I thought a reshuffle was due. Has it happened yet or did I miss it?

Bucksnet
    Participant

Rich, with all due respect mate you still don’t understand the CP agenda.

LP, how on earth can you be a firm supporter of this government? Words fail me.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

RichHI1, I fully agree, May needs to go but why isn’t Cameron listening and seeing that? She has to be one of the least competant ministers there has ever been. The newest initiative takes the biscuit.

I too support the government and it’s agenda and was left slightly cold with Obama’s statements after the G8 meeting, we simply cannot spend what we don’t have. It was Brown and Bliar doing that for years which got us in to a lot of the current mess. Now it must be sorted out. I’m right behind our government and Germany, I don’t want to see any change of course.

capetonianm
    Participant

Dear Illegal Immigrants

I am a little disappointed at the lack of responses to my previous open letters to you on this forum, so I’ve decided, after a most enjoyable Sunday lunch cooked by my lovely wife Samantha, to take the matter into my own hands, so to speak.

My government ministers have been concerned that we have set up welcoming committees for you, and earmarked significant sums of money to ensure your comfort and well-being when you arrive. Now there is the small matter of having to bail out those ghastly relatives of our Queen’s husband, followed shortly by the Spics and Dagos and then those ghastly Froggies who’ve just put a Commie in charge, which is going to cost us a few billion of other peoples’ money, but I’m not losing sleep over that. We’ve plenty of bucks for you too, so don’t worry.

So we have decided that rather than leave the border posts completely unmanned, or should I say un-personned to be politically correct, we’d round up a few useless and otherwise unemployable people from low-grade clerical jobs to protect our borders. Of course they won’t be able to spot fake passports or visas, and we want you to be fully aware of that. If by any chance they should challenge you when you try to enter the country on false documents, just utter the magic words : “You are racist”, and they will back off and you will be welcomed with open arms.

Welcome to Britain.

Yours sincerely

David Comeonover (and bring your friends and family)

RichHI1
    Participant

Is it true that the UK Border will in future only be open during office hours, closing from 12-1 for lunch? Apparently this will raise performance statistics as the number of hours a day targets are missed will be reduced and further staff costs can be further cut. A telephone with connection to a recorded message in the Phillipines can tell passengers who arrive outside office houra to come back tomorrow. Pure genius Theresa, no wonder Dave wants you as his Home Secretary. By the way it is Sunday today.

Bucksnet
    Participant

LPPS, I am all for living within our means, but the government is still borrowing several billion a week. Spending needs to be slashed, but is still actually going up. The deficit is being used as an excuse to weaken our military and cut police numbers.

Capetonianm, a little over the top to be fair, but immigrants are indeed costing us billions. There are roughly 10 million foreigners in our small island, and reducing the number by 4 million would save around £100 billion a year according to the government’s own figures. I am not racist or against immigration but the numbers need to be controlled, which we cannot do while in the EU. Along with the 4 million reduction, leaving the EU would completely eliminate the deficit and then some. It’s all been planned. Think about it.

Rich, the government is not incompetent – it knows what it’s doing.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

How many more times is the above going to be reposted/bumped?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls