Baggage Compensation from Iberia

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

Can anyone help me with this one.
    About 5 weeks ago my son was travelling as part of Academic Travel from Milan to Madrid with Iberia. 60 students checked in and his baggage as well as that of another student failed to arrive.

He spent € 400 on emergency clothing for the week as authorised and reimbursed by Iberia.
    He was told that for every day his bag is missing he will received € 16.67 a day in compensation up to a maximum of 21 days at which point the bag is deemed unrecoverable.

That passed and the bag was not found, so a week ago Iberia said they would pay him the compensation and he started to buy and replace the clothes lost.

Yesterday IB emailed him to say the bag was found and will arrive tonight on BA flight (it ended up in Oslo?!).
    He is now wondering if they will pay him the compensation, as he cannot find it on their website and the helpline does not give him an answer.

Does anyone know or had experience of something similar?
    Thanks in advance.

cwoodward
    Participant

LP I not sure that this will assist but:
    Iberia – Are not the best in customer service as you very probably are aware. As always finding the name of a manager is probably the key as then some pressure for an answer can be applied.

1 user thanked author for this post.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just to conclude this, he was reunited with his bag and yesterday Iberia agreed to pay him €1,100 compensation.

Now, my next question. Having forked out for his new clothes, any suggestions on how to get junior LP to pay me back from the compensation??? 😉 😉

cwoodward
    Participant

More difficult than getting the bag returned I suspect LP – frankly I don’t like your chances.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls