BAEC and Cathay P class fares

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Marc_ACB
    Participant

Hi all.

Does anyone in the know, know or understand why British Airways has not updated the Tier Point or Avios earning schedules for Cathay P class fares.

These are not discounted business class fares, but earn zero TP on BAEC. They are above I class which earns full TP and reduced Avios.

Qatar and Qantas recognise these P class fares, which were introduced in 2020, but BA still does not.

It’s very frustrating for us BAEC members based in Hong Kong.

cwoodward
    Participant

Probabley for the same reason as all of the other BA failures – a lazy unmotivated workforce and management.

Gold-2K
    Participant

I saw your post and then noticed I have a P class LHR/HKG booking in a couple of weeks time. I called the GGL ‘priority’ line (so only had to wait 15 minutes for someone to answer) and actually had a good conversation with the agent. He understood the problem and he confirmed that on Cathay, Qantas, American, Qatar, Finnair, Cathay P class fares attract biz class tier point and Avios equivalent. He called me back having discussed with his manager and they confirmed it was an oversight on their part and the request had been made to get it updated.

Thanked me for bringing it to their attention. So maybe this is progress? Not sure they would apply the change retrospectively but hopefully resolved going forward. Fingers crossed!!

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls