Bad United forcing a High-school Student to pay 2K for BDL-BKK round trip

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

Rabbz_Staralliance
    Participant

I heard this from the kids in the row behind while travelling in UA’s ORD to BKK (the flight no was originated from BDL). There were two highschool kids who are discussing about the fares in Thai. I was not paying good attention, but what I hear is that they are complaining that they have to spend about 2000 USD in lowest Econ fare round trip travelling back to thier home for spring break (those kids got 3 weeks off). They siad that if they decide to go for NH’s student price (JFK-NRT-BKK roundtrip) they would have to spend 160 USD for transportation to JFK. When I went to UA’s office in Bangkok to cancelled the ticket (NH got some promotion that are way cheaper to JFK with the new seat 77W’s), I ask the lady that if UA still have the student price promo. The lady smile in a apologetic way and say that there are none. I also ask why UA price are more expensive than a few year’s back. The lady answer that UA is following DL’s price. (WTF? going after DL, who the heck would pay 2K’s for just lousy food, no personal avod, and just to get their life -long miles!!!). I know that the UA is spending a big sum of cash relocating in Airports around the world (to move CO and UA next together), but why punnish the students who didn’t have their own money to pay 2K just to fly in a lousy old metal compare to ANA’s red-plate ERs with new seating.
    Share your thougts now BTsters. Also I demand explanation from UAL corp about the prcing right now.

Rabbz_Staralliance
    Participant

Also hope that fares will drop when UA and CO finally merged (around 2013) since they will have gazillions of meatal to choose to fly from. Also retire those oldies 744 and 77W too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls