BA.com banners with incorrect fares

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

openfly
    Participant

BA.com….Opening pages with large adverts for special fares. I continued to try to book CPT £1554 in Club in November. After choosing this fare on the available dates, the next page raised the fare to £2960, the normal fare!
    Called the Exec Club who admitted that the anomaly was noticed two days ago and the low fares are a mistake! So why do their web support teams not remove or correct their mistake?
    It’s illegal to advertise a flight at a low price and for nothing to be available. I guess they just leave the incorrect fares for as long as possible to hook a few people.
    The incorrect fare was close to the normal fare on Emirates!!

cotswoldsw
    Participant

I tried repeatedly to get that fare for travel in Jan/Feb over the August bank holiday weekend. Spoke to the Exec club about it on 31 August 2015, but they weren’t any help and only suggested speaking to web support, with the caveat that the lower fares were not on the system to be booked.
    Ended up booking ex BCN for £1,350 on Expedia.

openfly
    Participant

@cotswoldsw

I hadn’t realised that it had been going on for so long. I will contact Consumer Direct, Distant Marketing tomorrow, and pass the info to them.
    Even Ryanair doesn’t stoop to dodgy advertising!
    BA seems to drifting into a world of low standards.

cotswoldsw
    Participant

Strangely, when I was looking, the fares quoted to other destinations were correct and bookable (not that I checked all of them)… Was frustrating to say the least! I can’t believe it’s still being advertised, openfly, I hope your actions meet with some success.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

They were also advertising ZRH – NY for £900 in club. Seems to have been a “mistake” as well!

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/09/12/british-airways-club-world-discounts/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls