ba.com Adds “Low Fare Finder” Functionality

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

BA.com has today released a Low Fare Finder – quite handy if you want to fly for leisure on a fixed budget but are not tied to a particular destination.

Also useful for those looking to make the odd Tier Point run in order to maintain their Silver or Gold Card.

This is another weapon with which to challenge the Low Cost Carriers, and a welcome addition to the webiste’s functionality.

http://www.ba.com/travel/low-price-finder

FrequentTraveller
    Participant

But remember the lowest BA economy fares, don’t receive any tier points. The exception being the recent promotion where the lower fares were awarded 25% of the normal points. i.e. Next to nothing to be of any use.

flyingformiles
    Participant

Well it’s helps looking for cheapest CE fares whic do earn TPs.

Personally I think it’s a great addition, in particular for the leisure traveller who might want to go for a long weekend somewhere, they can now check out the cheapest fares in a particular month.

VintageKrug
    Participant

But all Club Europe, Premium Economy/WT+, Club World and First fares always earn full Tier Points.

I have earned about 20 TPs on Domestic/European flights off the back of this “limited TPs on discounted fares for Silvers and Golds until August 18” promotion – I thought it was a nice gesture especially for those whose travel policies have changed in light of the economic circumstances. Certainly aided short term retention, and I very much hope the promotion is continued beyond next week.

The promotion helped a few colleagues pip over the post for requalification, where otherwise they would have failed to make the grade, especially in the European market where TP thresholds are less. Probably stopped a few of them experimenting with the LCCs.

CrazyCanuck
    Participant

Not much use to me in the Middle East, where I’m based. However flying Europe on BA, the economy TP’s help. BA should look to keep this “special offer” permanent and not a short term fad. Helps to keep brand loyalty.

Johnhighlander
    Participant

Tend to agree with that.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The “limited TP on cheapest fares” counts for oneworld partners, too.

So you could still earn on, say, Royal Jordanian flights.

And of course BA does have a few (previously very TP lucrative) flights internally within the Middle East; BAH-DOH being the most famous.

Not *entirely* useless within the Middle East, though obviously membership of the BAEC for residents of the Middle East is only really useful for those who regularly use BA/oneworld carriers or transit London regularly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls