BAA World Points to be for LHR only

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

NTarrant
    Participant

Just received an email from BAA saying that World Points will no longer be available at any airport with the exception of Heathrow, where apparently that is where most of the points are collected.

Tough luck on those that use other regional airports it seems

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

I was recently sent a survey to complete by Worldpoints – as part of that I was asked my views on possible new names – including Heathrow Select or Heathrow Rewards, so expect a rebranded scheme soon!

Binman62
    Participant

The most pointless loyaty scheme in the world.

NTarrant
    Participant

Hardly Binman – probably 95% of all my points have been through car parking mainly at LHR and SOU, these have added up and whilst the £5.00 vouchers have been useful to buy stuff as presents at Christmas, the change to Avios is more welcome.

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

I agree with NTarrant – I actually quite like it – it provides rewards for purchases I would already be making so is an added bonus on already cheaper prices. And it is quite generous with the 2 points per pound when you spend over £500. It’s just the same as any other shopping loyalty scheme and they continue to be successful – Tesco, Sainsubury’s, Boots etc. I usually end up doing my LHR shopping at Harrods and as they too have a generous loyalty scheme, one can earn points in two places with the one transaction.

andystock
    Participant

250 worldpoints = 300 avios points

Stowage222
    Participant

I agree Worldpoints is not a bad scheme although I wouldn’t use the word ‘loyalty’. I have just bought a100ml bottle of Calvin Klein aftershave at ABZ. 40% off sale and a Gbp5 BAA voucher meant I got it for Gbp16! Bargain.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls