BA31/32 back on HKG run

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Binman62
    Participant

Just picked up that BA will operate BA31/32 again from next summer dep LHR on FRI SUN WED at 12 noon and arriving in HKG at 0655.
    Sadly there is no plan to operate beyond HKG as in the 90’s when the flighst went on to SEL TPE MNL and TPE.
    The return leaves at 0900 and arrives in LHR at 1500.
    I have hoped for a day time out of HKG for some time and think this is a good move by BA.

JordanD
    Participant

Binman62 – I believe (and others will no doubt confirm) that this is the trailed swap of QF for BA metal that was announced a few weeks ago as part of the change in QF business. BA will effectively operate on some days (as you have noted) the QF LHR-HKG leg (that I believe used to operate daily).

AMcWhirter
    Participant

The news appeared last month:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/qantas-and-ba-announce-jsa-revamp

But I wonder what will happen to NZ’s service ? Will kiwi airline NZ follow QF in the coming months and pull off the HKG-LHR route ?

RichHI1
    Participant

I wonder how NZ pulling out of LJR-HKG route helps *A? They compete with UA on LHR-LAX but are there any other *A on LHR-HKG?

Binman62
    Participant

RichHI1…There is VS, 49% owned by Singapore airlines. Accept however that not officially part of the *A.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls