BA WINTER TIMETABLE

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

KeaneJohn
    Participant

So on the BA/BMI Intergration there are some changes for the winter timetable.

From 28 October 2012 all flights to Manchester will operate from Heathrow Terminal 5, and there will be up to 11 flights per day.
    Your flight number may also be changing, in which case you will be contacted soon with more information.

British Airways will launch a new timetable to Northern Ireland on 28 October, 2012. Up to seven flights per day will be offered from Heathrow Terminal 1 to Belfast.

From 28 October 2012 all flights to Luxembourg will move from Heathrow Terminal 5 to Heathrow Terminal 1, and will increase in frequency from two flights per day to three flights per day.

I guess I can understand why they are moving all Manchester flights to T5 as a lot of traffic on this route connects at LHR wonder why they are moving Luxembourg to T1 and keeping the new NI operation in T1.

No mention of Leeds Bradford but an extra rotation to Zurich.

Bucksnet
    Participant

11 flights per day to Manchester is clearly nonsense and is just slot sitting, probably until the arrival of new long haul aircraft.

Belfast and all other domestic flights should really be in T5; I wonder where Leeds will go?

BA should be moving some flights from Gatwick instead of excessive frequencies to some destinations to keep the slots.

Hippocampus
    Participant

Marseille and Bologna are to move from Gatwick to Heathrow Terminals 1 and 5 respectively (the later currently operated from both Gatwick and Heathrow).

Leeds-Bradford will launch in December (from Terminal 1), with four return flights a day.

TominScotland
    Participant

With regards to Belfast flights, it used to be that special security measures were in place for flights to/ from Northern Ireland (and, indeed, the Republic). If this is still the case, these are probably still in place in T1, hence the location of BA flights there.

Travellator
    Participant

Dont think the special security measures are still in place for Belfast flights. Yes T5 would make transferring on to other flights easier for Belfast PAX – hopefully the bags can be translined now unlike with BMI.

However the underlying opinion is that BA will once again abandon BHD when the winter timetable is announced despite assurances and re-assurances from WW.

PA_Flyer
    Participant

Don’t think the information by KeaneJohn is completely accurate. I am booked with BMI to fly Manchester to LHR T1 on 5 November 12. BMI’s schedule now operating under BA with an 8 prefix continues to operate to & from Terminal 1 at Heathrow. Just checked with BA.com and they are still booking flights after 28 October 12 in and out of T1.

Hippocampus
    Participant

It may take a few days or more for the announced changes to feed through to the schedules on ba.com and all historical bookings.

KeaneJohn
    Participant

I got the information from the BA/BMI Intergration page on http://www.ba.com

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/winter-flights-schedule/public/en_gb

Select Manchester from the drop down box… I guess there are still tweeks to be made.

SimonS1
    Participant

15 flights a day to Manchester and Leeds, no wonder there is a capacity problem at Heathrow….

LeTigre
    Participant

I have decided to consolidate the Heathrow changes to the following:

+1 daily Brussels
    +1 daily Toulouse
    +1 daily Zurich
    -2 weekly Marrakech (now 3 weekly)
    +1 daily Aberdeen
    +1 daily Edinburgh
    +4 daily Leeds Bradford
    +1 daily Lyon
    +1 daily Zagreb
    +1 daily Oslo
    -All Addis Ababa (CANCELLED)
    +All LGW Marseille
    +All LGW Bologna

While the volume of changes is astonishing, BA does seem to be throwing capacity at existing markets rather than pursuing new ones, like Addis Ababa. The new flights mean at least 6 more daily flights domestically, to only one new destination which is also slightly frustrating, as well as rather wasteful. I guess at least Central Asia is still intact.

But I do have one simple question:

Where are the slots coming from for these services- has BA literally cancelled all BMI services?

sparkyflier
    Participant

Le Tigre thank you and well done for consolidating the changes into the above.

Am surprised to see them pulling Addis Ababa.

Growth rate of Ethiopia between 7.5 & 10%.

Most destinations with an increase listed above, no more than 1%.

Maybe they felt they could not compete with the Ethiopian Airlines inflight product?

Bucksnet
    Participant

Indeed, the Ethiopian Airlines 767 interiors are much better than even the ‘refreshed’ ones that the BA 767s are getting.

sparkyflier
    Participant

What would you choose from LHR ADD, a single aisle A320 with a stop in Amman or Beirut, arriving at an un-godly hour in the middle of the night in ADD, or a direct, non-stop wide bodied 767 arriving in the morning?

I suppose the curent BMI/BA offering is totally uncompetitive Vs Ethiopian, but I was thinking they would keep ADD, make it non stop on a 767, and then use this to build up traffic to Kigali, Kilimanjaro or how about Zanzibar?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls