BA Winter 2013 +, new aircraft, new routes:- your predictions & wish list

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 161 total)

• MarkivJ
    Participant

Also totally offtopic but why has BA reduced capacity on the Chicago flights from 747 to 777?

rferguson
    Participant

It;s switching back to a 747-400 end of OCT MarkivJ 🙂

MarkivJ
    Participant

Very nice! I love how they completely dominate the American market of all European carriers!

sparkyflier
    Participant

On what routes/flights are the 77W allocated to on a very regular basis? With ba.com one cannot see what varient, 200 or 300, will be used.

Hi sparkyflyer

Tokyo is one.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

FormerlyDoS – 02/05/2013 21:48 GMT

+1, the few times I’ve flown with KM I’ve thought their C service was probably the best on offer in Europe.

rferguson
    Participant

Re 777-300.

Tokyo is losing the 773 this coming October. It will be replaced with a 747.

SIN/SYD has a dedicated 773 service.

Caerdydd
    Participant

How about Vietnam via BKK? Surprised some feel BA will drop BKK given a.their holiday push b. the plane is always overfilled when I’ve been!
    They need to do something re onward flights to the island though.

Iceland would be good (possibly LCY). Also LCY – jersey and guernsey?

Detroit must be a strong contender and how about KUL and Perth as someone suggested? Santiago de chile and Hawaii would be nice also!

Binman62
    Participant

Whilst I would welcome CGK and some of the other routes I suspect BA will be looking at China where its current presence is poor.

The link with QR and CX should, in time, allow for a complete withdrawl from Australia other than codeshare.

Commencing 26 October, BA will fly from Heathrow to Las Palmas. Reservations open as of today 🙂

MarkivJ
    Participant

The whole Australia situation is sad. On one hand, they have to give up a legacy but on the other, it just doesn’t work out for them to continue to fly there.

I don’t think BKK has also been that lucrative for them as it’s mostly holiday travel and whilst they’re not losing out on money, it’s hardly a money winner. They’d much rather mount more flights to HKK and SIN where there’s a good mix of business and leisure.

Hi MarkivJ

I wasn’t aware that LH had pulled out of HYD. Just this evening I was looking for a Miles&More award booking there.

gregd75
    Participant

Surely it’s time for a daily LHR – MEX service?

How about LGW – JFK?

MarkivJ
    Participant

Alexpo, yes, Luft pulled out of HYD about 2 yrs ago I think…. and reduced its Bengaluru frequency from daily to 6x weekly (although it might be daily again). The reason cited for pulling out of HYD was that a lot of traffic was headed to the US and not terminating in Europe, and hence was a loss maker for the airline. The problem with Indian travel (leisure or business) is that most folks are headed to the US so European airlines, whilst they see a lot of potential in the Indian market are a bit careful about increasing frequency and flights.

Puntomoo
    Participant

Can’t wait to fly the new BA 777 from SYD-LHR. The QF product has been superior since the A380 went into service. Time for BA to upgrade their Club Europe, it’s an economy seat standard not worthy of a business class fare. The Galleries are great at LHR. Looking forward to transferring thru in June.

Not sure that I’m keen to use QF thru Dubai but if it cuts flying time to Europe, then great. Looks like the BA fares from Australia have dropped since parting with QF, so maybe it’s a good thing for Australian passengers. We always pay more for our flights. Alan Joyce may have been right when he said that the BA marriage didn’t work. Time for Qantas to drop it’s fares.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 161 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls