BA v Virgin in Economy. Advice Please

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

I wouldn’t be put off booking with any airline because of the threat of Industrial Action.

Even assuming support for a strike among the normally conservative pilots union, no action can be launched until 1 July.

Given BALPAs generally pragmatic and business-minded approach to its interactions with management, it is HIGHLY unlikely this would roll on thru December, so there is little probability of your family’s plans being affected.

Do ensure you book via Quidco for your cashback!

Hippocampus
    Participant

Do consider the departure experience when comparing airlines. Whilst Virgin is rightly lauded for its Upper Class checkin and Clubhouse, Terminal 3 is absolutely horrid for passengers without lounge access and Terminal 5 is a much nicer terminal to spend a couple of hours in.

Potakas
    Participant

It seems that BA has something like sale, the prices have been dropped today for a trip I am trying to do to the east coast for about £200 on June July, check for your flights to CPT again Lugano.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks again to you all, your responses have really helped. Unless Continental club can come up with an amazing discount offer, it looks like I’ll take the majority’s advice and go with BA, especially with an elderly mother, I just think BA will have the edge.

It does seem a better offering at the end of the day, and I was rather put off SAA by some of your comments, even though I’ve received good service CPT – JNB. But that’s only a 90 minute day flight rather than an 11 hour night one!

Thanks again.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls