BA Upper Deck

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

• Anonymous

Potakas
    Participant

Hi all,
    I would like to hear your suggestions according to which seat is the best, If i remember well Martyn prefers the 60A (probably because the seat next to him will be empty 😀 )but the best seat seems to be 62A, can anyone comment about 64A? it seems to have more space and more windows.

Currently i am on 62A and i will travel alone.

As this is going to be my first time on the UD i have no idea which one is the best. The UD currently is empty apart from 64JK.

My flights are LHR-JFK 16.10-20.10 and JFK-LHR 21.55-09.30

Thanks in advance

flier74
    Participant

I personally prefer the seat where no one climbs over you, i.e. a window seat. We have pre assigned 60J&K for an upcming trip to Oz . When you sit on the aisle seats (most of them not all) will have to climb over you if yoiu sleep and I personally do not like that . A lot of people seem to like 64K too.
    And as for 60B 🙂 ; this is a commercial seat on the JFK as there is generally only 2 pilots so they do not have a rest seat allocated, unless its a training flight with three Pilots

Travellator
    Participant

62 a and 62 K both window seats at emergency exit.

No one climbs over you, you dont have to climb over anybody else !

BusinessClass
    Participant

Both 62A and 62K are both great seats for the reasons Travellator mentions above.
    The next best seats on the UD IMO are 64K and 64A, again because no one climbs over you, and you don’t have to climb over anybody either.
    To be honest there is not a bad seat Upstairs!

Travellator
    Participant

The one I would like most would be the one upstairs at the very front with the steering wheel !

Potakas
    Participant

You mean those on row 747 A&K? Both of them window seats!!!

Thanks for the recommendations, so 62A has not any problem because of any missing windows or redused privacy because of the exit row?

Thanks!

Travellator
    Participant

Meant the one in the cockpit !

Potakas
    Participant

Yes! There is not row 747, 😀

BusinessClass
    Participant

62A does not have any missing windows, I don’t think there are any missing on the UD.
    62A is not the most private. IMO the most private seat upstairs is 64K, however if it was available I would choose 62A before 64K as it is more airey……….it can be very warm upstairs especially on night flights!

lloydah
    Participant

Totally agree about row 62. Always my first choice especially when travelling with partner. Have found row 63 to be just as airey at night too.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Please don’t promulgate this information too widely, or I’ll never get my preferred seats!!!

Row 63 is perfect 😉 😉

lloydah
    Participant

Ah yes, sorry VK. Meant to say 55 E and F

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Potokas

Really, how could you make such an error. 60 A, never touch it.

60 J each and every time.

Have a great weekend.

Potakas
    Participant

Martyn,
    Indeed, now it makes more sense.

Have a great weekend too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls