BA to remove the middle-seat table in Club Europe?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• ThomasCox
    Participant

Just read this in AusBT – https://www.ausbt.com.au/ba-to-remove-club-europe-middle-seat-table-in-new-airbus-a320neo-jets?utm_source=hero

Anyone know if there’s any truth to it?

This would be yet another small but useful perk that BA are slashing as the little console table in the middle is hugely useful to stow a small bag under and put a drink on whilst working on the table directly in front of you. If this story’s true then there’s increasingly less and less point in even having a ‘Business Class’ cabin on board BA short-haul – not least because it’s become a misnomer, as I can’t continue my business on board. The race to the bottom continues…

openfly
    Participant

There is a rumour going around BA staff that the Club Europe cabin is to be fixed at 7 rows with these rows keeping the 30” seat pitch. But the divider could still move from row 7 to row 3. Then all the economy rows behind row 7 suffer the squeeze when the extra two rows are added. This would bring the seat pitch down to a meagre 27” as on Vueling.

Swissdiver
    Participant

27″? I would simply be unable to seat…

openfly
    Participant

But no problem for Willie Walsh!!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=855314]There is a rumour going around BA staff that the Club Europe cabin is to be fixed at 7 rows with these rows keeping the 30” seat pitch. But the divider could still move from row 7 to row 3. Then all the economy rows behind row 7 suffer the squeeze when the extra two rows are added. This would bring the seat pitch down to a meagre 27” as on Vueling.[/quote]

I think the CAA might have something to say about 27″ seat pitch in the overwing exit rows.

However, as the legal minimum seat pitch is (or was 26″), 27″ for the non-exit rows is plausible, especially with modern seats – it could feel like 29″ with a traditional seat.

Nice to see BA is a premium airline.

capetonianm
    Participant

If BA carry on this way, they will be cheaper and nastier than Ryanair without being as efficient.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls