BA to New York .. First Class or Club from LCY ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

Bullfrog
    Participant

I’ve experienced both these services, and now need to book for November. I’m having decision paralysis, and would appreciate some help in deciding.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

Outbound to NYC I would take the LCY option IF you have the Shannon preclearance, back in any casse an evening flight out of NYC in F, so you can have some sleep after dinner (or most of it) in the Lounge in JFK.

Bullfrog
    Participant

The early JFK service from LHR arrives 11.10am & I can go First Class.
    The early flight from London City has Shannon pre clearance and arrives JFK at 14.20.

I’m routing back to LHR from MIA on BA First after a few weeks in Florida and the Caribbean.

Capetown2k
    Participant

On my last trip to new York I flew Lyc out and first back

I have flown lcy a few times and for me the novelty of the Shannon stop has faded

I found the plane noisy and not great if travelling on your own and have someone sat next to you

Also on day flight on the way out a lot better to have IFE in first or club as much better than balancing iPad while eating

Enjoy your flight

Bullfrog
    Participant

I think you’re right .. the privacy of First & arriving JFK at 11.10am beats the faded novelty of Shannon pre clearance arriving at JFK at 14.20.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

The NYC – LON sector can be quite short, which is a problem if you try to avoid a tiresome arrival day. Hence I would choose LCY as it has a slightly longer flight time = more sleep.

First / Club – if you sleep, I am not sure it matters whether you have someone next to you.

Nice problem to have Bullfrog !

SwissExPat
    Participant

In any case, as noted on this forum….

Avoid F on BA 747 and for more space, travel F on a BA 777 usually ex EWR rather than JKF.

Given the over density on the 747, the 777 is far superior.

Rgds p

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Bullfrog, are you going straight from work or home?

I would actually go from whatever is convenient for you.

Like Martyn has already said it’s a short flight and as your return journey will be an over nighter you will probably want to sleep all the way back on the flight than enjoy all the First service so again if this is the case I would stick with club.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls