BA Terminal Switch Oct 2011

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

• HonestCrew
    Participant

“Mass of humanity”….. very diplomatic Hippo, that made me chuckle.

Binman62
    Participant

The benefit of the few……..sadly this will be very true. One just has to look at the operational performance of the flights moving to T5 to see that this will have huge impact on operational performance for BA. If IB follow then I wouldsuggest things will deterIorate further as their operational performance is even worse. Yesterday alone they had several delays over 3 hours.

The aircraft integration in t3 mean any disruption on the Iberian peninsula services was limited to t3, but when moving to t5 the impact will be far greater.

There has to be a see change in performance on these routes and by IB in particular for this to work

Travellator
    Participant

Any sign of Malaga returning from LHR – BA or IB ?

RichHI1
    Participant

“not the chaos that is T3 with their, let’s say, more ‘exotic airlines’ and their chaotic guests?”
    Honestcrew I fly from T3 regularly on BA to Lisbon and AA to USA and I have to agree the BA services with the busing is chaotic. Not so sure with the other carriers,no issues on AA very smooth, I think it is probably more a BA issue at T3. Do you count AA as an exotic airline or Qantas or Air Canada or Virgin…

Bucksnet
    Participant

Just noticed that IB are still in T3, but BA flights to MAD have been moved to T5. I know there are some issues moving IB to T5 but surely it would have been better to move all MAD flights at the same time, as there are bound to be passengers on codeshares that go to the wrong terminal.

Maybe BA will change back again to accommodate ex-BMI flights in T5.

RichHI1
    Participant

I think they were just concerned with BA connections not IAG. LHR T5 was designed exclusively for BA’s needs after all.

RichHI1
    Participant

Just a thought but if we are going to have T5 A, B, C, D etc if they were to extend the shuttle tram from there to T3 (which can only be under a mile) it would then be a relatively seamless tansfer and the One World offering would be enhanced, (All we would then need to do is finich T2 and stop the use of buses by BA (wait for all the posts how great buses are at LHR, who needs gates, not BA’s fault etc etc etc we have heard all this, I just want to stop the busing).

LeTigre
    Participant

Yep, busing is not acceptable for a ‘world class airline’ like BA. It simply cannot compare to any other form of travel. But if it was adding more than 300 extra flights per day- where on earth would the gates be? BA would spend huge amounts if its operations were spread over 5A,5B,5C plus T3 and T1! Plus, T5D is not even under construction, right? That is actually where several of BA’s parking bays for busing are located!

Hippocampus
    Participant

As regards Iberia and T5, Willie Walsh has said this week that Iberia’s MAD flights should be moving to T5 by the end of the summer season.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls