BA Strike leads to loss of tier

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Travellator
    Participant

I am marginal on points to retain my tier but have a flight booked during the intended strike period which will retain my tier.

If the flight is cancelled and I cannot fly will I lose my tier if rebooked outside my membership year ?

continentalclub
    Participant

Crikey, I thought that an actual strike had suddenly been announced and that someone had actually been downgraded in status as punishment….. 😉

The commercial policy that has been issued in the event of any strike disruption has been published on the British Airways website at:

http://bit.ly/bFLZIE

– and it has also been communicated to travel agents.

Specifically, and with regard to BA Miles and tier points, it has to say the following:

“British Airways Executive Club members will continue to earn Tier Points and BA Miles for flights cancelled due to any strike action.”

It’s my understanding, therefore, that you will earn credit for the cancelled flight, irrespective of whether you might elect to have the booking refunded or postponed.

I assume, though the CP is not explicit in this regard, that you would then earn miles and TPs again on any rebooked flights that you subsequently go on to take. That’s probably a bridge to cross if and when that particular river is reached however.

In any event, it seems clear that no booked passenger should be concerned that a flight cancellation owing to this potential industrial action will affect any planned mileage or tier point earnings.

Travellator
    Participant

I did say ‘ intended ”

Good to hear cancelled/rebooked flights will be treated as taken.

So to be awkward – will a rebooked flight be awarded points etc as well as cancelled/refunded flight ?

continentalclub
    Participant

Nothing awkward at all, as I posted above in anticipation of that question:

“I assume, though the CP is not explicit in this regard, that you would then earn miles and TPs again on any rebooked flights that you subsequently go on to take.”

Travellator
    Participant

Not on a mission to earn miles.

Like everyone else I hope for no strike, respect for staff and customers alike.

A return to real onboard standards and a meaning to the old adage of ‘To fly to serve ! ‘

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls