BA Status Extension

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• frustratedflyer
    Participant

I am Gold Guest List with BA earned mainly on flights to Asia. Yesterday I got an email from BA saying my membership had been extended by another year. I am very grateful as with HKG and China closed and the Bangkok flight cancelled I would have struggled to get anywhere close to qualifying. I have seen nothing written about this so is this a case of BA realising my plight with the lack of Asia flights or something broader. Anyone else received an email?

rogernorwich
    Participant

Hi
    I saw on the Loyalty Lobby website this morning that BA had reduced the GGL qualification to 2250 TP’s through 2023 so that may explain your email. I would easily hit this but would struggle a little to get to 3500 previously mentioned by BA for this year by my June 8 cut off date. I will be in the Concorde Lounge tomorrow night and will be checking if this TP reduction is correct and will try to report back as I cannot find anything about this on BA.com (surprise surprise!).

Keith
    Participant

A very happy Gold member who noticed the app has overnight extended my status until August 2023. No email just an amended date on the app. After a couple of really bad experiences we were ready to start looking at other airlines for our reduced travels but this will keep me primarily focused on BA Well done Something positive at last

1 user thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1210377]

Keith: you are lucky.

I would have been near to Silver status by now but flights cancelled by BA have now precluded that and my Account Year for TP remains at next January. I should be able easily to retain my Bronze status, provided they don’t cancel any more flights. This is what my BA account shows:

*******************************************************************************
    “COVID-19: How the Executive Club is supporting you

We have reduced the amount of Tier Points required to renew or upgrade your Tier status by 25% throughout 2022. As a Bronze member, this means that you could renew your Bronze membership if you earn 225 Tier Points by the 31st December 2022. Or, you could unlock the benefits of Silver membership if you earn 450 Tier Points by the same date. From 1st January 2023, the normal Tier Point thresholds, as you can see in your progress tracker, will then apply.”

1 user thanked author for this post.

rogernorwich
    Participant

But how many TP to achieve Gold Guest List within one’s personal earning year? Is it correct that at the moment 2250 will achieve GGL?

rogernorwich
    Participant

I was through the 1st Lounge at T5 last night and nobody either in the 1st Lounge or the Concorde Room knew anything about a new reduction for GGL qualification. So maybe some misinformation swilling around out there? Probably from Moscow!!

frustratedflyer
    Participant

It used to be 5000 TP to get GGL and I think 3000TP to renew so the figure you are quoting is probably for renewal.

ASK1945
    Participant

……………… and if it’s the same current 25% reduction for renewl of Bronze membership, that would take it down to 2,250. “Simples”.

openfly
    Participant

But this extension of a year is only applicable for Exec Club Golds who expire in the next three months. Am I right?

midorosan2
    Participant

I also received the email and was delighted as like you I have been trapped in Hong Kong for the last two years and more, I have one question, will they issue new cards as there is an expiry date and other airlines and or lounges may not accept the email extension.
    Amy thoughts anyone?

frustratedflyer
    Participant

I would download the BA app as the digital card will have the correct expiry date. Mine already shows an expiry of Sept 2023.

midorosan2
    Participant

Thank you I had already done that I posted a touch prematurely.

ASK1945
    Participant

I was becoming increasingly confused as this thread went on as my own account only showed my TP extension was until February 2023. My membership had previously been extended twice, so from what has been written above I expected a further extension until September 2023.

This is what I have just read on the BA website, which clarifies the position (for me at least, even if nobody else). My year was due to end in February 2021, but was extended to February 2022 then February 2023 (but now I have to complete flying by December 31st 2022 to be able to use the 25% discount for renewals).

Regardless of the amount of Tier Points earned, all Members have been able to benefit from 2 years of automatic Tier status extensions. This includes all Members who have not been able to collect enough Tier Points within their current Tier Point Collection Year to maintain their current Tier status“.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls