BA Shareholder Discount Gone ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

Travellator
    Participant

Just tried to book 2 flights in CE for February – Main BA site and Shareholder site quoting exact same fares – trouble at mill ?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Strange.

I booked a 10% discount fare for August 2012 only two weeks ago.

I would have expected to have received the email with my 2012 s/h discount code by now….haven’t received it yet…!

http://www.iairgroup.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=240949&p=irol-shareholderhome

Travellator
    Participant

Uk to Europe same airports to and fro show discount.

We are going from LGW to one city returning another city to LHR both visiting airports same country.

Web glitch ?

Eastbourneguy
    Participant

I emailed the sharholder helpdesk last week and basically the replay said to watch the news page on the shareholders page for any development

Leaving it a bit late if the codes run out at the end of December me thinks!

Binman62
    Participant

Wrote to BA 2 weeks ago requesting next years codes but email was not even acknowledged.

lloydah
    Participant

Any news about next year yet – things have gone strangely quiet.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Seems to be some update on the text of the homepage:

Former eligible British Airways shareholders have previously been entitled to a discount when booking on-line on flights* and can currently continue to make use of this offer until 31 December 2011.

Currently we are evaluating the future of the scheme in order to provide this benefit to all IAG shareholders and as soon as a decision has been taken we will advise shareholders via this website.

Suggests the plan is to roll the discount out across all current IAG shareholders, which makes sense as it does seem to unfairly discriminate against former Iberia and new IAG shareholders; as the discount is meant to encourage share ownership it would seem odd to favour only legacy BA shareholder so long after the merger.

Hopefully we’ll hear something very soon, or they’ll extend the validity of existing codes beyond Dec 31.

rodders
    Participant

Hi – I just booked this week an outbound to Buenos Aires for Jan and return from JFK and secured the discount…..so its still there

VintageKrug
    Participant

You have always been able to book for next year using the current year’s code.

The issue is being able to access the discount after the current code validity ends, in under two weeks’ time.

lloydah
    Participant

Thanks VK. I generally book F holiday flights in Jan/Feb and save quite a bit with the discount. Had a sneaking suspicion it might have been on the way out but will now bide my time…….and live in hope.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I am very much of the opinion that it’s not on the way out; however widening it to include IAG shareholders may be proving more complex than was at first thought, hence the likelihood of a delay in receiving codes for 2012; it would seem prudent to simply extend the codes for a few more months, until the wider issues have been sorted.

Though it’s not as if this is new news; it’s been trailed since summertime.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

As disinterested party, I would say this is not good shareholder management and communications could be improved.

RichHI1
    Participant

Trailered? You mean trailed I believe.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls