BA: Seat Selection A Success

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• Brighton_Jon
    Participant

I regularly fly Premium or Business long haul. Just booked to NYC and opted for Virgin in Premium. Same price as BA but free seat allocation in advance so I know I can sit with my partner and not have have to pay extra. Would have preferred BA for the mileage but the seat policy has actively dissuaded me. Seems a bit steep to be asked to pay when I am paying a lot for the fare already.

Cwyfan
    Participant

As someone who has recently returned to BA after several years with American, I just do not understand the BA thinking.

I am 6ft 4ins, so legroom is important to me. I would not at all object to paying more for seats with extra legroom, if travelling cattle, and so I see its relevance there. Trying to blackmail customers with a threat that they may not sit together is however just not good customer care.

However, once paying to fly Premium or Business, I believe it is a real off-putter to have to pay extra to be sure of sitting together. Personally, I just do not pay, but I am sure that the first time that I am separated from my family will be the last time that we fly with them

I am sure that I am not alone in wondering if AA will gain more from the alliance than BA

jamesay
    Participant

Simply puit – THIS IS A RIP OFF – and that is the words of TWO BA execs! I’s used it once and since then dumped BA in protest! Until they remove it, I as a former GOLD CARD carrier will NOT be back!

Senator
    Participant

The interesting bit is that if you book a BA flight in Club through AA.com you will be able to get advanced seating at time of booking; even on none-flex fares and with no BAEC Silver or Gold.

I would agree, it seems strange to do this in Club regardless of fare and status.

Cwyfan
    Participant

The other nice feature of the AA site, is that you can see seat availability before booking where there is a choice of flights. Some seats are saved for AAdvantage gold and upward members, and not generally bookable in advance by others

Come on BA catch up!

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

I am beginning to onder if James 0330 is a troll.

Compare his comments on this thread, to the Air France thread he started.

Seems pretty illogical.

Don’t feed the troll!!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls