BA Sales / Strategy for getting leisure tickets

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

NorseFlyer
    Participant

So I’ve secured a couple of discounted flights for the firt part of this half year. Now, to get the good deals on premium leisure travel for the other part of the year, what would be a good strategy for when to get tickets? I’m expecting to go to Hong Kong in July/August and to the Caribbean in December. Is BA as predictable for sales the rest of the year as they are for January sales?

Binman62
    Participant

Norseflyer……..BA is becoming the DFS of the airline world so have no fear there will be another sale along shortly. Though on past experience the offers will be nothing to write home about.

There ae some exceptional offers available from EU and no EU departure points on mid east and other carriers. BA also sell most for a fare that is significantly less than if you start in London.

If you live in the UK regions then there are hundreds of options, none of which involve BA or LHR. It seems to me that BA have abandoned the UK north of Watford relying instead on revenue from the South East, the EU and the North Atlantic. The focus has now shifted to Madrid leaving the regions to the likes of KLM LH AF SQ and the mid east carriers.

I am going to Hong Kong in August and this time not on BA who wanted £16000 for a family of 4. AF/KLM offered 1 stop for £7500 so for me it was a no brainer. BA miles ( which are increasingly difficult to use) and tier points are simply not worth the fare difference and the product simply does not justify the fare level BA demand from LHR.

NorseFlyer
    Participant

Although I do agree that you’ve got a good deal with KLM/AF I’m a loyal BA customer. I find the product better than the competitors and avoid the higher fares by taking advantage of sales and travelling when it’s reasonable. Which brings me back to the question of if I could expect to see a exEU sale on BA for flights for the later half part of this year.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls