BA sale time AGAIN?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• openfly
    Participant

CPT and JNB have gone UP by £100!! They must think we are all fools. I thought the constant Flybe sales were bad, but yet again BA is trying to fool us into thinking we are getting a bargain. You can fool some of the people some of the time…….

esselle
    Participant

There is a shirtmaker which was, for many years, regarded as one of the finest houses on Jermyn Street.

It now has a permanent sale, of the “was….is now” variety, “4 for £x”, etc etc. Needless to say the quality of the shirts seems to be a pale shadow of the past.

Any similarities?

openfly
    Participant

@Esselle I can’t afford Jermyn St! But Poundland shirts are always a pound! ;-))

BA744fan
    Participant

A quick glance at the excellent and informative http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/flights/british-airways-business-first-class-sale-fares-loaded-26-feb-2015/ shows that there are as many price INCREASES as there are reductions compared with the last sale that has only just finished.

The worst offender appears to be Seoul which is £820 more expensive in CW and a whopping £3442 more in F than the last sale. £6500 to Korea in First!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well. Maybe next week’s sale will be more enticing!

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I tried to book several US destinations in the latest BA ‘sale’ only to discover that almost all flight sectors had actually risen in price!?

openfly
    Participant

BA is using the old Ryanair technique to hook us. The word “Sale” would normally imply cheaper and better value. But in this case, as with DFS, Flybe etc the word “Sale” just infers that there are tickets “on sale”.
    It is amazing how many fares are higher. BA would reply that there are two seats at reduced fares on one flight to JFK on March 33rd and therefore that qualifies it as a Sale!!

Wait and see what happens in next weeks “Sale”…..!!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls